Sunday, February 18, 2018

300

This is my 300th post. It is not as impressive as King Leonidas and his 300 at the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC but a nice milestone for me personally. 

Celebrating my 300th Post

My blog is titled "Death's Coming, Life's Foreplay". It is a play on words I liked so much  I had it tattooed on my back and yes alcohol was involved. All the banners and mastheads are from photos I have taken and I try to refresh them every couple of months. Writing a blog or more to the point keeping a blog updated is more more than you might realize. I have found that if I worry about writing something interesting or exciting I get blocked and that is when gaps appear between posts. I get it in my head that because I have not been anywhere new that there is nothing to write about which completely defeats the main reason for writing this blog.

That being said I am a lazy writer. I write and then hit publish it. Most of the times I do not go back and edit for grammar, spelling or format errors. My spelling has be atrocious since grade school but after one too many abusive and funny comments from some people "Hey, you now spell check is a thing right?" .. damn bullies! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. I have now resorted to spell check to prevent my long nights of sobbing. Thanks for the lovely positive feedback...you moth******ers!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ . Oh shit, emojis have found their way onto my blog!

I have written about my travels and various adventures. There have been personal observations about society, evolving life philosophies and both the good and challenging things I have be a part of. I have tried to blend a bit of acquired knowledge, factual hyperlinks to information that I hoped helped the story and my attempts at humor. Hemingway I am not. Robin Williams I am not. Socrates I am not.

I do not shoot much video if for any reason other than I like looking at the world through stills. I believe that a well captured photo leaves move to the imagination than a full motion video. I have a Canon EOS Rebel 1300D DSLR which I am getting better at using properly. I also have a Fuji XP sure shot. It is waterproof, shockproof and idiot proof. I adore using the Fuji because it confuses the shit out of people. Seriously, people look at the camera with tilted heads like confused puppies.  It also takes great photos. Naturally I also use my phone. I have a Huawei Mate which takes decent photos. I also recently purchased a Magic 8X Zoom lens for the phone to see what that is all about. I have tripods, lenses, filters, bags and other assorted goodies to keep me going. With writing you learn there are stories everywhere. The same can be said for photos.



This really is a blog post about nothing. I just wanted to get to 300. I will continue to write about what I see, experience and think. I will probably avoid most political thoughts as we are exposed to that 24/7. Plus nobody is going to make any personal sacrifices to change the current system. Ranting on FB or signing online petitions make most think they are political activists...hey wait, that was a political thought. Sorry about that.

Finally it has been suggested that I start to try and monetize this site. Banner Ads, click through links, affiliate programs and a growing social media presence is required. With over 33,000 page views I may have to consider it, developing it as a part of my travel tool kit. ESL teacher, online teacher, Blog/Social Media writer and emerging stock photographer. It sure sounds like a great way to move forward.


๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽถ Here is to the 300 ๐ŸŽถ ๐ŸŽถ and remember that Death's Coming, Life's Foreplay

No comments: