Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Are You Just Paying The Bills?

Are You Just Paying The Bills?


Everyone once in a while I come across an article or in this case a video that I love. Especially when it is from someone who has worked hard for everything but one day discovered how ridiculous it all can be. This video is by Joe Rogen. Yeah that dude from News Radio and the UFC commentator. I find these insights by guys (or girls) who society generally says  "yeah whatever" when they speak. Why, well probably because they are not all over the entertainment news sites nightly so they must Not be important.
Joe Rogan, Russel Brand, Sam Seder, Prince Ea all have something to say if you just cut through the clutter of your day and listen. I find this video insightful.



I am as full of shit as the next guy. I am not preaching any personal manifesto about my superiority because I have made some what some may be considered "Interesting life choices". I am not professing that my choices are what everyone should do...shit nobody should do what I do at any time. Its my life and not yours so do your thing.

However what I am conveying is..FOLLOW A PASSION. I do not care what it is but make it your passion. Learn to play guitar and form a shitty band, go somewhere exotic and stop putting it off for "someday", don't mow the lawn or rake the leaves...go for a hike and smell the leaves. Even a small change towards a passion of yours can change your life. Changing your life for a passion can change the world.

What have I discovered. I love being in the world. I always have. Let me try and explain. It's not about living and working in Nicaragua which I love. It's about putting myself in the position to be anything and go anywhere. Listen I have regrets, many of them and will share them with you one day after one to many cold beer. But this is what I know:

 The average life expectancy in Canada is 81.24 years. (** oh oh, I do not think I planned properly, I better get back to working a job I hate just to make sure my future is secure**). Now think about that..how old are you. What the difference. Subtract that and where were you at that time. For me today I am 53 so that puts me about 28 years before the big Adios. 28 years ago puts me at 25 (1987) working as a bartender at the Skylon Tower. Those years have flown by and they were all good years. Good in the sense I was healthy to enjoy them. How many good years do we have after say 70. My body is sore all the time now and I can not wait until the next 10 years to see how I feel. Toss in all the maladies and accidents that can happen and there you go. Time well Wasted.

Now to that point, this is not an exercise in running for fear of dying. This is an exercise in running for fear of NOT LIVING, and there is a huge difference between the two.

As you can see, every once in a while I find myself getting reflective and a bit introspective. We all do. I was told by more than one person to restart this blog because they enjoyed it and that I was good at it. Maybe I am I don't know but thank you for that. You know who you are. What I do know is I write about what I know, what I see, what I feel and what I think. I also realize that when I do write my introspective moments do not linger with me. They find a place on this blog and it allows me to move forward. Something we all desperately need to do.

... oh and I decided to get a new tattoo.

No comments: