Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Afternoon Beers, Never A Bad Idea

Toña, this is a dark day my old amber friend. I will not beat around the wheat field and I will give it to you straight. You have been replaced. 
It has been a nice run and we will always have fond memories of each other. The times we shared in Granada, Estelli, Matagalpa and yes Leon. You are popular and you will be just fine.
I have been fighting this urge for quite a while but today I sipped from lips of your arch nemesis, Victoria and I have to tell you, I drooled a bit. I do not know how it happened but it just sort of , well you know, happened. After all she is Classica and for the love of all humanity she has sisters!!!!! I have not yet met Frost and Premium but word on the street is they are very tasty in their own special way.

Victoria and I met today around 12:30 at Via Via in Leon. Everything I saw said Toña. The beer fridges, the lights, the coasters and so much more presented an afternoon Toña fiesta in the making. As the bartender was reaching and opened the fridge door to reach in for you our eyes met. This is not the first time but this time something was different. There was a connection. "OYE" I said just a bit to loud. Me gustaria una victoria de lugar. There was a hush and time seems to slow down. Somewhere in the distance a dog barked. I suddenly realized that is was not the change in beer but how I asked for it that the weird scenario of barking dogs played out in my head. Me gustaria una victoria de lugar means Victoria pleases me. The phrase I was looking for was Quisiera una victoria de lugar. I would like a Victoria instead. Thank goodness I was in a backpackers hostel where most of the clientele ran around yelling cerveza por favor, cerveza por favor so I was good and lesson learned. The bartender gave me a knowing smile.

Now Victoria  I have always heard much about her. She is a little bit stronger and bolder than you dear Toña. She also has a wardrobe that varies from dark brown to clear and see through. Finally and a bit sadly for you she is cheaper. So when its late into the evening dear
Toña you can not compete with someone who wears see through clothing and is a bit cheaper. If she came with WiFi or Satellite TV nobody would hear from you again. I can not lie. Strong, bold and cheap is appealing to me. 

Finally I understand that there will be times when she may not available. I also understand that you will always be there. Those are the times we will share. Do your best not to leave me with bad morning memories or we will be done forever. I know you have a clean fresh spirit and fun label but you seem to be with everyone, both men and woman. It's really kind of a turn off. Victoria is quite selective and does not appeal to popularity. I really like that. Plus she is a classic, something you may one day be and I wish you the best.   

** Updated Nov 16 **
Introducing Victoria's brother, Maestro
Red Label, Great Taste

 



No comments: