Sunday, November 13, 2011

The First Milestone

A bit of a philosophical Sunday. Santiago, I am putting you on the list. Great city, close to the mountains, the ocean and the desert and there are opportunities here. Well done Santiago, way to step up.

Today we hit the first 1000 page views of my blog, 1008 and 16 Countries all in the first 7 weeks. Today we are joined by Slovakia. Thanks again for being a part of my adventure.

Now the greatest part of this, well of any journey is not the places you go or the things you do, its all about the people you meet. Everyone has a life story to tell and its always interesting. I have met people from so many places,. Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Germany, Canada, USA, Switzerland and of course every country I have been on this first leg of my trip. Guatamala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru and Chile. You will find peoples lives interesting if you stop talking and start listening. I find people everywhere are all the same. We seek the same things in our lives and are generally good.
This was a great lazy day watching football at Californias, the local Ex Pat Sports bar in Santiago. The Bills were shit, getting thier doors blown off by the Dallas. There is a market for this type of bar all through Latin America. Every time I find an Ex Pat bar, no matter what country I am in they are all busy. A good Ex Pat sports bar and a chill hostel is a business just waiting to be opened. I now have a goal and direction, now its time to find the location. I am not going to get rich but I think there is a good life to be had running my own place. There is NO reason why I can not do it.

Updated possible spots for relocation in no particular order

Leon Nicaragua
Otavalo Ecuador
Cuenca Ecuador
Santiago Chile
Suchitoto El Salvador

The World is out there, all I have to do is go out and grab my piece and not be afraid to do it.

No comments: