Tuesday, October 11, 2011

La La La La Loja

Well another brilliant bus ride through the Andeas into Loja. Lonely Planet does describe the bus drivers here without mincing words....INSANE. They pass up hill on curves (remembering that there are 500 foot cliffs just to thier right) and more times than not race other bus drivers uphill. I find the music which is blaring normally tends to increase in volume with each race. All the locals seem to be sleeping (out of fear probably) or not concerned while I just stare out the window, looking down said cliff and thing..well thats not a BAD final resting spot.

Loja is unusually clean being the first city in Ecuador with a recylcing program. The town appears fairly wealthy but its goes to sleep around 7pm. The internet here is sloooow and is killing my buzz so I will see you in Peru in 3 days!


Oh yeah, I had chicken feet soup for lunch today. Not bad.

No comments: